Friday, January 8

Fake Soda Bottle


My one year old, Hannah, loves to grab my husband's soda bottles and shake them like crazy. I guess doing this makes the soda go flat, so my husband usually won't let her play - which is how I came up with this idea. It looks just like the real thing, and my 5 year old got a kick out of it too :)

What you need:

Empty plastic bottle with lid
Water
Food coloring
Vegetable oil
Electrical tape (I bet duct tape would work too) - to secure the lid

1. Clean out the plastic bottle if necessary, then fill it 3/4 of the way with water.

2. Add 10 drops of food coloring - we chose green here - then mix.

3. Fill the remainder of the bottle with vegetable oil.

4. Close the lid as tightly as possible, and then wrap tightly with electrical tape to ensure none of the liquid can escape - it would be one nasty mess I'm sure.

Now let your little one shake away! I mimics what a soda bottle will do. Older children can shake it up and make tornadoes.

Did you try this one out? Let me know - I love hearing from all of you :)

Come back tomorrow for another project...

Do you like what you see here?
Don't forget you can subscribe to the blog for free to get the daily updates automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment