Monday, January 14

Commiting to Resolutions


Ok, so this picture has absolutely nothing to do with this post, and I swore to myself I would never do this to all of you - but really??? I mean look at that face! Look at all of that spunky attitude jammed into one little expression. Love her. Also love that she likes to play dress up in the out-grown hand knits of the older two...
 
 
I'm probably a little late in the game for sharing my goals this year. I don't like the term "resolutions".  Maybe because over the years I've grown accustomed to the idea that resolutions have a habit of being broken.
 
I have a handful of things I want to work toward this year. Two of them, however, trump the rest and will be getting the most of my attention.
 
 
The first - A year long spending fast. Not sure what that is? That's ok, I didn't either until I came across this website. It has definitely become a favorite site of mine in the last few months. To define it simply - I will not spend money on anything that is not a need.
 
Determining what exactly my needs versus wants really are was a little tricky. I did it though, and even though it has only been two weeks, I'm shocked at how much money is in my account. Honestly, I had no idea how much a few dollars spent here or there - even on sales and at the thrift store - can add up so quickly.
 
A month before I started, I got a little panicky and bought things that I felt I would "need" but didn't quite qualify for my actual needs list. You know, important stuff, like new cloth diapers and needle felting kits (I'm serious). The most ironic purchases I made had to be the handful of kindle books that shared the theme of simplifying. This little episode really drove home how badly I needed to do this.
 
Even if I don't save bundles (I don't make bundles) this will be a great form of self-discipline.
 
Which brings me to my next goal for this year. I will write at least a little bit, every single day. If I could do anything in the world for a living, I would write. In order to do that, I need to write every day, and actually send my work off to publishers.
 
You will probably notice a lot more frugal posts this year. I'm hoping that's a welcomed change. My writing will hopefully improve over the year as well.
 
I'm really excited about the changes and look forward to sharing this upcoming year with all of you.
 
I would love to hear about your goals and resolutions for 2013.
 
Happy Monday!
-Lisa
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment