Thursday, September 30

Insanely Good Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Oh how I love oatmeal raisin cookies! By far my favorite cookie of them all, hands down. Especially this recipe. When you make these, please use the same type of ingredients listed in the recipe, or they just won't be as good. I promise, they are sooo worth the quality ingredients the recipe calls for.

What you need:
16 Tbsp grass-fed butter softened (I use Kerrygold, the best butter I've ever had truly!)
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar in the Raw
2 Farm Fresh eggs
2 tsp Pure Vanilla
1.5 Cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
3 Cups Rolled Oats
1 Cup Raisins

1) Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees
2) Cream the butter and both sugars
3) Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt
5) Add half of the dry mix to the wet mix and blend well. Add the rest of the dry mix and blend well.
6) Stir in the oats and raisins until well mixed.
7) Place dough the size of a golf ball on a parchment lined baking sheet, well spaced, and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly brown.
8) Allow to cool for 1 minute and then transfer to a cooling rack.

For chewy cookies, only cook until the edges are slightly brown and then remove. It's hard to tell when you use whole wheat flour, so be sure to take a good look. I make pretty big cookies, so they need the full 15 minutes. If you make yours smaller, reduce the cooking time.

I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does!


No comments:

Post a Comment