Wednesday, September 29

Apple Pie Filling


A friend of mine at work told me about her wonderful way of not letting soon to go bad apples actually go bad. It's such a great idea that I have to share, I'm sure she won't mind.

Simply peal, core and slice the apples. Mix in a bit of lemon juice (I used the juice of one lemon for both jars here), some vanilla, brown sugar and then freeze to store. This way, as soon as I finally get around to making that apple pie for Austin that I promised him for his birthday (thank goodness I have till February!), I can just pull one of these jars out of the freezer. And now I take comfort in knowing none of the apples we picked will go to waste.

Did you find this helpful? Do you have any of your own waste-not tips to share? If so, please do!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment