Monday, August 2

Little Smocked Dress

You are looking at little Miss Hannah Rose's birthday dress, made by, believe it or not, me! To be honest, I can't believe it turned out as well as it did. I followed an online tutorial over at Kojodesigns. I really suggest checking that site out, it's filled with great ideas and easy tutorials (and no, I'm not being reimbursed for saying that, they have no idea who I am).

This is super easy, trust me. It had to be because I really have never sewed much of anything prior to this. You do need to know how to do shirring (mock smocking) with elastic thread - again this is super easy. I followed this tutorial to get me started. I "practiced" on a pillowcase, and that turned into a dress for Hannah, lol. I plan on making more of those and sharing my own tutorial with all of you.

Now I just need to sew some ribbon on a pair of her socks and make a bow hair clip and her outfit will be set. I'll share the steps to making those later this week.

Take care everyone!
~Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! LOVE your dress- you should totally add a picture to the kojo flickr group-
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/kojodesigns/
    Happy Weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete