Monday, August 9

BLT Wraps


I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I've been in a major cooking mood lately, so I thought I would share some more of our favorite food recipes, and a new one or two that I've tried lately. We started making ice cream from scratch this week, and I swear, I'll never go back to the store bought stuff - it's seriously THAT good.
I thought a quick and easy dinner recipe would a nice way to end a Monday. So here it is, one of our favorites. I always have bags of my homemade tortilla shells in the freezer to pull out when needed.

What you need:
1/2 head of Romain Lettuce
1 Package of Bacon
1 Large Tomato
Mayonnaise to taste
1) Cook the bacon the way you like to serve it. I always overcook mine, I like it almost burnt. I also bake it in the oven so I don't have to worry about the splatters hitting one of my children (they love to be in the kitchen when I'm cooking). To do this, just line the bacon in a single layer along a large foil covered cookie sheet, and bake for 20-30 minutes at 425 degrees.
2) While the bacon is cooking, chop up the lettuce and the tomatoes and put in a large bowl.
3) When the bacon is done, drain it and then tear it into pieces and place in the bowl.
4) Add as much mayonnaise as you'd like and mix everything together. I usually add a very large spoonful, and that ends up being plenty after it's mixed around a bunch.
5) Spoon the mixture onto a tortilla shell, and roll it up to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment