Tuesday, August 24

Fabric Covered Paper Airplanes

Austin just LOVES paper airplanes right now. I'd even venture as far as calling him obsessed at the moment. He'll play with them for hours, and the game typically ends when the plane lands in the dog's water dish. Never fails, it always ends up in there. And my little boy can't seem to convince the paper to get along with the water better, lol.

Sooooo, when I came across a tutorial for a fabric paper airplane over at Everyday Chaos, I got pretty excited. I was sceptical at first if it would fly, but it did! I didn't use the template she has. I just cut out an 8.5 x 11 piece so I could construct the plane the way I normally do out of paper. I'm not one to reinvent the wheel, so if you'd like to give it a try, you can see the tutorial here.




Our first attempt, which has survived not just one, but TWO water dish landings!

This was a pretty quick project, well worth the effort for sure. I have a feeling this will not be our last fabric airplane.

Have a great day everyone!
~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment