Tuesday, November 2

Playing Dress Up

Both of my children love to dress up, and not just around Halloween, but all year long.

So a few years ago, I started picking up Halloween costumes a few days after the Holiday, when they're priced super low. Say, around 2 or 3 dollars. If I were better at sewing, I would most likely make a bunch of dress up outfits for them, but I'm still a work in progress in that department. So at least this way, I'm not breaking the bank, and the kids get a lot of creative, imaginative play out of them. At some point, I want to put together an inexpensive clothing rack to hang them up on for easy access. Of course it would have to be low to the ground too, so that they could help themselves to the clothing and accessories. I want to have it resemble something close to what you might see behind stage at a musical or what not, and made of wood. I think it will require a design by myself, and some gentle persuasion from Chris :)

Hannah is still under the weather, and has shared whatever it is she has, with everyone in the house. So, on that note, I will be taking a little break from blogging. I should be back on Friday with a Right Now post.

Take Care!

1 comment:

  1. I am following from BMs. My grandma had the best dress up closet. She took all of her old bridesmaids dresses and shortened them for us to wear. Maybe you have some old clothes that you could alter?

    ReplyDelete