Monday, November 15

Applesauce Our Way

I'm not quite sure what got into me yesterday, buy my goodness was I in the mood to cook! I think I spent more than half the day in the kitchen (thanks Chris!). I had a little kid help too, which is always fun. We made bread and buns (using this book), more rice pudding (oh dear!), pizza, and the hit of the day, applesauce. Applesauce is sooooo easy, and after you have it homemade, it's almost impossible to go back to store bought. Give it a try, trust me, you'll be happy.

What you need:
6 Medium Sized Apples
1 Cup Water
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Sweetener (optional - I use 12 drops of liquid Stevia)

Slice and core your apples - we leave the skins on.

Put apple slices, water, cinnamon and sweetener in a large stock pot. Cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes or until the apples are soft enough to mash.


Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree, or use an immersion blender in your stock pot.


That's it!

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment