Wednesday, November 10

A Little Bit of Crafting

I finished my first handbag/clutch project ever, and here it is! I'm so excited about it for so many reasons. One, well, because I love the fabric. I found it on clearance and have lots and lots of it left -woo hoo! The inside is lined with a natural linen - have I mentioned before that I really, really love linen, hmmm... Oh! And that button! I adore it! It is an actual piece of a branch. I found it here. I had originally purchased a bag of them on etsy for a jumper I want to make for Hannah. I miss judged the size though, and I think they might be too big for their original intention.

Here's a shot at the inside lining -sorry for the poor lighting. This was such a quick stitch! I found the pattern for free (gotta love that price!) here. I only struggled a little bit with the pattern around step 5 or 6 because it didn't make sense to me how the bag would eventually be turned right side out, and I kept second-guessing the pattern itself. I do that a lot. I have no reason to, it's not like I'm a seasoned sewer or anything. But I do it, and wastes lots of time - that's me! Anyway, even with all my wasted time, this bag came together in a little over an hour. I know if I make it again (and I will! Soon!) it will go much faster. And no worries, the pattern is exactly right, of course.

Take Care!


No comments:

Post a Comment