Thursday, November 11

Just a Little Bit More



I am on a mission to redo Austin and Hannah's bathroom for as little as possible - where money is concerned anyway. I found this super cute fabric at a local store on clearance, and ended up paying about $2 for two yards. I love it! Look at those cute blue birds and graphic trees - they make me smile.

So, here are two of the projects for that room. The hand towels above were super easy, and took about 30 minutes to finish them both (with Hannah crawling up legs and on and off of my lap). To make your own, just measure your hand towel (I found these in our closet, we haven't used them in years. I just got lucky with the color) and add 1/2" in the height to accommodate a 1/4" seam allowance on the top and bottom. Sew across, and once you get to your edges, trim, fold them under, press and then top stitch.

The second picture is a bath mat (a.k.a. the kids old hand towels). I know this project is from Amanda Soule, but I'm not sure which book it was in. My guess is Handmade Home. I didn't follow instructions of any kind, I just looked at it and decided to wing it (I don't own the book - it's definitely worth checking out though. She is a huge inspiration for me, and if you have time, you might want to stop by her blog - it's amazing and full of beautiful photography). I think I'm pretty close to spot on with it, and even if I'm not, I'm happy with how it turned out.
I plan on making a fabric shower curtain using appliques to mimic some of the graphics in the fabric design. I just need to find a solid white cotton curtain...

Our local hardware store sells VOC free primer and interior paint and the prices are pretty competitive with the smelly stuff - so we'll definitely be going the healthier route for the paint. I'm sooo excited to get some color on those walls!

I have a few more projects up my sleeve, but more updates on that are sure to come.

Take Care!

No comments:

Post a Comment