Tuesday, November 9

Bowl Full of Beads

Sunday afternoon, the kids and I sat down to string some colorful beads. I know this is such a simple concept, but it turned out to be pretty entertaining, for everyone.

This was great for Hannah to work on her fine motor skills. We used a strip of yarn with some scotch tape around the edges to make threading easier. She also got in a lot of practice naming colors. She adores pink by the way.

And my Austin. What he's holding here ended up turning into a dragon catching device, with more beads evenly spaced out and the yarn ends tied together. It promptly got taken away after it some how, all on it's own of course, went spiraling into our living room window. Thankfully nothing shattered, but my goodness, I definitely didn't see that one coming. And if you're wondering, yes, he did get it back, but with out it's flying power - where's the fun in that mom?


About two seconds after I took this shot, Miss Hannah was up, crawling across the top of the table to get her bead. Which then flew off the table, rolled across the floor, was pounced on by the dog, picked up by me, put back in the bowl and our bead session was officially over. Maybe we'll try again in a few more days...

Take Care!




No comments:

Post a Comment