Wednesday, October 17

Pumpkin Pie French Toast - Recipe

 
I love all things pumpkin. Especially this time of year, and I know I'm not alone. Our family has a slight addiction to these pumpkin scones, and I'm always left with unused pumpkin. Last year I found I could make pumpkin butter with the exact amount left in the can. That was great, but we can only eat so much pumpkin butter. I wanted another option. And so, our Pumpkin Pie French Toast was born!
 
This is sooo good! The best part, in my opinion, is that my kids gobble this up and there is no added sugar. So you can opt to leave off the maple syrup and know that it's a wholesome breakfast (or in our case dinner) with lots of healthy vitamins.
 
 
 
Pumpkin Pie French Toast
 
1 Cup pure pumpkin puree
6 eggs
1/3 C milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
dash of ground cloves
 
Bread
 
 
1) Whisk together eggs and milk.
 
2) Add pumpkin and whisk until smooth. Add nutmeg, ginger and cloves and mix well. The mixture should be thick and have an almost custard like appearance.
 
 
 
3) Dip your bread slices in the mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
 
4) Cook on a griddle or frying pan on medium heat until both sides are lightly browned.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment