Monday, October 29

Halloween Oreo Cupcakes

 
 
Can you believe Halloween will be here in two days!?
 
Thankfully, this year we starting planning early and because of that, I was able to get a lot of the things I wanted to accomplish done. The front door got a simple, but effective spooky spruce up, I was able to finish a DIY Halloween wall art piece that I had been dreaming up for a few weeks, I managed to cut out and laminate holiday bookmarks annnnnd, I had time to whip up a whole lotta cupcakes. Like, A LOT, of cupcakes - maybe about six dozen or so.
 
My son's school had a Fall Festival the other night. Earlier in the week, they sent home a flier requesting baked goods for a cake walk. I got excited at the idea of being able to make more fun and crafty cupcakes - is that strange??? I had so much fun baking and experimenting with different frostings and cakes for Stella's party, and I was itching for an excuse to do it again.
 
Chris and I brainstormed for a little bit, and then finally decided on a chocolate cake recipe and a cookies and cream frosting - which, after trying, we fell in love with - it's soooo good!
 
 
 
I love trying to make simple things look pretty, and, well, look not so simple. So we went on a decoration hunt. We found cute spider wrappers and rings. My husband suggested the fang idea, which I shot down at first, but I'm so glad he talked me into it! I think it looks awesome! And the kiddo's get to have a cool souvenir when they're done.
 

 
I used Halloween oreos for the frosting and for the decorative tops. I also used plain unbleached paper liners to bake the cupcakes in, and then double lined them with the decorative wrappers. This keeps the pretty wrappers looking good and evenly colored.
 
 
 
Here are my oldest two, all dressed up, walking to the festival. I love them so!
 
Wishing you a wonderful start to your week!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment