Friday, October 5

Healthy Snack and Immune Boosting Intro

 
Lately it seems like my children have been sick constantly. Really, every other week someone has something, and a lot of the times it's two or all three that have a cold, fever or something else. I know that part of the problem is Hannah starting public school for the first time. Her body hasn't built up immunity to a lot of the common colds that swarm the schools. Unfortunately she has been getting sick the most, and I'm sure that's why.
 
I have also convinced myself that it has a huge part in what has been on the table these last few months. Our schedules have been crazy and I let homemade healthy recipes fall to the back burner. We are still eating "ok", but most of it is processed or take out - which is not alright with me.
 
So, as we head into cold and flu season, I am arming my recipe index with immune boosting snacks and meals. Last year, when we were eating really well, we were hardly sick at all. We don't do flu shots in my house, and I'm not a fan of supplements. I think the best thing I can do for my family right now is build up their germ-fighting immune system as best I can with real and whole foods.
 
This coming week, every day, I will be sharing a new immune building recipe. After that, I hope to add more health boosting recipes regularly.
 
To kick-start this new little series on the blog, I thought I would share a quick, easy and delish little snack you can whip up in no time at all. These little guys are packed full of healthy ingredients, and are a crowd pleaser as well - you can't always say that.
 
For the recipe, click here.
 
Have a great weekend!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment