Thursday, October 4

DIY Butterfly Wall Art


 
 
Christmas came early for me this year my friends! A few days ago, my very own Silhouette Cameo showed up on my doorstep. Yay! For months and months I've been planning, plotting and pinning all the different projects that would be made possible with this awesome machine. I waited forever before finally buckling under the crafting pressure to actually buy it. But now that I have it, I'm thrilled!
 
There was a bit of a learning curve to get it up and running smoothly - and I think I have most of the kinks ironed out. Or at least I hope.
 
This was my first real project using the machine. You could easily replicate this by using butterfly hand punches. I think I have seen them at crafting stores. If you have a Silhouette, all you have to do is place nine regular sized butterflies on an 8.5 x 11 board, and six 3" butterflies on a board.
 
 
 
I used 65# white cardstock for this project. I absolutely love how white pops on pastels. Once you have your butterflies cut out, all you have to do is slightly bend each wing up. I used double sided tape to attach them to the wall. So far they are holding up well.
 
My girls were thrilled to see the butterflies - and I think that's what made the project a success for me.
 
Another awesome part? It only took about 15 minutes to do!
 
 
Have a great day!
-Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Love your post! Got yоu bookmaгkeԁ Don't you everstop posting!

    My website art for baby room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you :) I haven't posted in ages because my domain name got messed up and I lost hundreds of readers :( I will be back though. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should prаise you on such a very useful ρost.

    I don’t often comment on articleѕ but somehοw this aгticle сaught my eyes.

    Very well authoreԁ. Thаnx

    Feel freе to surf to my ωeb blog Emergency locksmith in Ealing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must saу this іѕ a ѵery enlіghtening toрic and thе
    ωay you’ve compilеd it, Ӏt’s vеry compelling tо read.
    Кeep it up

    Feel freе to suгf tо my ѕite .

    .. Emergency locksmith in Acton

    ReplyDelete