Tuesday, July 6

Upcycle Baby Blanket into a Floor Pillow

Welcome Back!
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend (for those of us in the states) - we sure did :) I made this pillow on the 3rd and brought it with for the fireworks for my little one. She loves it! I found the idea for this in the back of a recent issue of Parent's Magazine. This took about 30 minutes start to finish.

What you need:
A double sided (meaning 2 separate pieces of fabric sewn together) baby blanket
Scissors
Fiber Fill
Thread that matches existing stitching
Needle

1. Snip open a four inch section near the seam of the blanket. I chose to do mine by the tag, near the corner so it wouldn't be too noticeable and so I could remove the tag.

2. Stuff the blanket to desired thickness with fiber fill. You can buy fiber fill at any craft store. I purchased a 5 pound box because I wasn't sure how much I would need. I used up a little over half the box. I wish I could say that I bought it with a 50% off coupon that are always available at those stores, but it was a last minute rushed idea so the box ended up costing about $14. But now I have lots left over for other projects too.

3. Once full, sew up the slit with matching thread, and that's it! You now have a super soft and super comfy floor pillow for your little one.

Have a great day and please come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment