Thursday, July 22

Right Now

I've decided to add a "Right Now" section to this blog. Pretty much just to share what we have going on in our lives right now. This is also a way I'll be able to look back in the future to reminisce.
I can't say that I'm very happy with the overall look and feel of this blog, so I'm still trying to get all of that in order. If every time you visit, it looks a little different, please bear with me, hopefully I'll decide on a decent layout soon.

Life has been busy, when is it not? So sometimes I manage to sit down and write, and sometimes I don't. I'm hoping once the school year starts, things will settle down a bit and I'll fall back into a routine with this. That being said, I'm still crafting away and thinking up new projects for myself and the kids. Below are a few pictures of what we've been up to...


My knitting bag - usually filled with at least two projects at a time.

The hat Austin begged me to make for him. We bought the book Pretty in Punk (you can do the same here), just got the yarn, and hopefully it'll turn out okay. He chose black and green, minus the design.

Recent fabric purchases for my fist attempt at little girl dress making, ruffle additions, and skirt transformations.... I'll keep you posted on that...


Pasta salad with homemade dressing and garden grown veggies, pair this with roasted ranch potato wedges and I have one happy family.



Miss Rose finally taking a nap - poor girl has been sick all week.


Hannah's new smocked dress (a.k.a. - the old pillowcase)


I thought for a split second that maybe I could turn that pillowcase into a cute new top for me. Like I said, a split second.


My little girl just adores shoes, so of course she needed some fancy house slippers. I may be making myself a pair soon.... maybe in a different color though



We'll be back soon I hope. Now it's time to go construct a jet plane out of old packing material, wish us luck!










No comments:

Post a Comment