Sunday, July 18

Natural Hair Build-Up Remover

Commercial haircare products are loaded with synthetic and a lot of times, dangerous ingredients. These, along with styling products build up on the hair shaft. Though it's probably not harmful build-up, it definitely does a number on your hair's shine and manageability.

Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a known disinfectant and conditioner and can be used on hair. It's too concentrated to use undiluted - so it's suggested to do a 50/50 mix of ACV and water.I decided to give this a try, even though I don't use styling products. I've noticed my hair gets a little life-less for lack of a better term.

It worked wonderfully! I put the mixture in a spray bottle, and sprayed it on my scalp after washing and then all over my hair and let it sit for a minute before rinsing it out and then conditioning (I have very long thick hair and need the extra conditioning - those of you with shorter hair might be able to skip it all together!). The end result was fantastic! I could tell just by touching it that it was super clean, and softer. When my hair dried (I always let it air dry), all of the body came back and it was super shiny. Without saying a word about what I did, some women at work noticed how much better it looked.

I'm sold - and for less than $0.50!

No comments:

Post a Comment