Monday, October 11

Squash Soup and Scones - and a great recipe site

When the temperature starts dropping, I instinctively start wanting to cook, simmer and bake all day. Really, I think it must be instinct, because even back when I pretty much lived off of toaster pastries and boxed cereal, once fall arrived, I was more than willing to put whatever "agenda" I had aside, and cook up something new and savory. This year is no different (well, it is in the sense that I've advanced quite a bit in my cooking since those tart days).

And so, that brings me to this soup. This incredibly delicious, and packed full of good stuff soup. Yum! It's butternut squash soup, and next to that in the photo is a cheddar scone. I found the recipes for this on mennonitegirlscancook.blogspot.com. I love that site! I get tons of recipes from there. I must warn you, it is a bit over-whelming when you first look at it. There are just soooo many recipes. Mennonites have been known for turning almost nothing into incredible, delicious, meals. Which is how I came across this blog, and boy am I glad I did!

The veggies before they went in the pot...

I made two batches of this soup to freeze. The little jars will serve me well for lunch (my kids won't go near soup - I'm working on that), and the larger quart jars will be enough for my husband. I've already tried reheating it, and it turns out great. Click here for the recipe.

Take Care!


No comments:

Post a Comment