Tuesday, October 12

Ghost Towels

Our lack of Halloween decorations has been the topic of conversation in my house lately. Mainly by a very persistent 5 year old. I promised Austin we would search for ideas, and then start making our own decorations. I just can't bring myself to buy anymore of those plastic, battery operated (eh, LOUD) monsters you see gracing every drugstore shelf. Don't get me wrong, we do have two in the house. Ah, two too many for sure. Anyway, this is cheaper, and it will mean so much more in the years ahead when we unpack all the decorations and remember the days spent making them.

This particular project I found online at thelongthread.com. Directions for making them were not given. But because this is not my idea, I won't share a tutorial for it. Below are the photos of the process though, so I'm sure you can figure it out if you'd like to make your own. I drew the ghost face freehand on freezer paper and then used that method to apply it. I made mine slightly different than the original (to see the original post, click here) If you're not familiar with the freezer paper method, or need a quick refresher, click here.

I used a hand towel we had for the dimensions.


My sewing buddy that night - he hopped himself into my living room when I was letting the dog out, and then ended up right here. I guess he couldn't decide if he wanted to stay or go :)





Have a great day!




2 comments:

  1. That's a really cute towel and what great company while you work. :)
    Following you now!
    Spinning Lovely Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! Following you from bloggy moms

    ReplyDelete