Monday, October 4

Natural Inexpensive Cleaning Solutions



Natural, inexpensive cleaning solutions became a must have in our house as soon as we found out I was pregnant with our oldest. I wish I would have known just how simple it really was. That you don't really need all those bottles, pumps, aerosol's and wipes. In fact, what you're looking at here, is all I use to for 95% of our surface cleaning. Just plain old baking soda and vinegar.

Spritz on some hydrogen peroxide, and you have a natural disinfectant. According to Ellen Sandbeck, who wrote Organic Housekeeping, "When hydrogen peroxide is exposed to heat, light, or organic material, it releases its extra oxygen; pure water and oxygen are produced by this reaction. Pure oxygen is extremely toxic to microorganisms, which is why hydrogen peroxide is such an effective antiseptic." This book is my go-to book for safe and effective housecleaning. She covers everything and anything I could ever think of when it comes to taking care of a house, and if natural housekeeping is a priority of yours, or even an just an interest, I highly suggest reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment