Wednesday, January 25

Flourless Chocolate Cake - Sugar Free Too!


This was my first flourless cake. In fact, I had never even heard of such a thing until last week - really. I am so happy with the outcome! It's healthy, full of antioxidants, fiber, and protein. All of it is made with real food, and best of all, it actually tastes good. Since cutting the sugar out of my diet, I haven't really wanted sweets, but this recipe caught my atttention. I adjusted it to my needs, and this is what I ended up with.

Flourless Sugar Free Chocolate Cake

3 - 4oz 100% Cocoa Ghirardelli Baking Chocolate bars
1 Can (2 cups) Garbanzo Beans
4 Eggs
3/4 Cup Agave Nectar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9" round cake pan. I dusted mine with cocoa powder.

2) Break the chocolate bars into bits and melt in a double boiler or according to the directions on the package.

3) Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.



4) In a blender, combine eggs and beans and blend until well combined and frothy looking.



5) Add the baking powder and agave and blend again.

6) Carefully add the melted chocolate and pulse until completely mixed. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pan.










I added warm raspberries and a dollop of whipped coconut cream to the top of the cake. It's soooo good.




To make the coconut cream, just place a can of full fat coconut milk in the back of the refrigerator for one day. Open the can and remove the hardened coconut fat off the top and place in a bowl. Add half a tsp of vanilla and whisk until smooth.




That's it! I store the coconut cream in the fridge and add it to fresh berries and stir it in my coffee in the mornings. We love it.




Have a great day!


Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Flour free and sugar free? Wow count me in!! This looks delicious despite what it doesn't have :) I honestly didn't even know you could make cake without flour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I :) It's better than I expected it to be too. Definetly best served warm though.

      Delete
  2. How interesting that it's done with garbanzo beans. This looks delicious. If it tastes as good as it looks I definitely want to try it. I am pinning it from your blog because it's making me crave cake now. Thanks for the awesome recipe!

    -Kristin@meetmeonthebrightside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a little hesitant about the beans, but was shocked. You'd never guess they were there. It's really good :) Thanks for the pin too!

      Delete