Thursday, December 2

A Place of My Own




After months and months of clearing off the kitchen table, lugging out my machine and thread and fabric and goodness knows what else, each and every time I wanted to sew, I have finally created a space all my own.

A space that allows me to keep everything exactly where it needs to be at all times.

I don't think I'll venture as far as calling it my own studio space (ok, well, maybe in my mind I will), but it is a space, just for me and the things I do.

And oh my goodness am I excited about it! Seriously, I can't even begin to describe my excitement. It is so much easier to get projects done. If you have your own space, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, try and make room for one.

Mine is not glamorous by any means, in fact, it's far from it, lol. I have sectioned off a very small portion of our unfinished basement. I placed a fold out banquet table there, accompanied by, of course, a folding chair, lol, and an odd shape of remnant carpet underneath. I was able to organize our wire rack pantry to accommodate my fabric stash, and ta-da! Instant working space.

I refuse to show you anything but close up pictures right now, because really, it's just a basement, and not all that pretty. I'm just so excited about it (and my new serger! - you can tell I haven't used it yet from the photo, lol), I couldn't wait any longer. I've been using this space for about 3 weeks now, and I'm getting so much more done. I'm pretty happy, in case you couldn't tell :)
Have a great day!
-Lisa :)

























No comments:

Post a Comment