Wednesday, December 8

Handmade Holiday Outfit

Yee! Ok, I'm excited to share this little project with you all. Every year I outfit my children in semi-matching holiday garb for our pictures. And every year I end up spending more than I'm comfortable with - at least for an outfit that will only get worn less than a handful of times.

Well this little diddy, cost nothing! Yup, that's right, nothing. Annnnd, it's momma made, which makes it all that much more special to me ;) The fabric was from granny Grace (thank you!!), and the long sleeve onesie was being used as an undershirt already because of a very ugly stain on the front. Well, with a little bit of strategically placed applique (similar to this process), and some sewn on ribbon to create a "present", the top was done (in about 15 minutes!).

The skirt was made from the Lazy Days pattern that you can find for free here. The skirt took 30 minutes to complete, and it's the first time I ever made one from that pattern, so I'm certain the ones to follow will go even faster - if you can imagine that. And yes, there will be lots and lots more.


The photo above is off in color, but I wanted to give you a full length view of the skirt.


My plan is to make a simple bow tie out of the same fabric for my son to wear with a white button down and blue jeans for our photos.

Happy day!

-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment