Friday, November 16

Thanksgiving Banner

 
 
Can you believe in less than one week, Thanksgiving will be here? It crept up on me this year, truly. I had so many things I wanted to accomplish before it got here - crafts, blog posts, new recipes...
 
I do have a few projects in the works and I am going to try my hardest to finish them up this weekend. And then of course share them with all of you during the week.
 
But today, I want to share a quick little banner I made with inspiration from the Silhouette blog, you can read that post here
 
I ended up making my own banner shape from scratch. If you have a cameo and would like to use my file, I am more than happy to share. You can download the free Silhouette Cameo files here.
 

 
 
 
I decided to use a metallic gold paper for the background. I'm loving all things gold right now. To view all the details in making this type of banner, please refer to the Silhouette tutorial I mentioned earlier.
 
 
 
I cut out a bunch of maple leaf shapes that were pre-loaded in my software for the cameo. Because they are not mine to share, they are not included in the free files, but my guess is that you already have them in your shape library.
 
 
Then, using some twin, I strung the banner together and using scotch tape, added bunched leaves to the corners.
 
 
 
Have a great weekend everyone!
-Lisa :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment