Wednesday, June 1

Summer Trivets

With all the crazy weather here in the mid-west, and the not quite Spring quality to the air, I decided to take it upon myself to bring a little Spring and Summer into my home.

A few weeks ago, I came across some adorable watermelon trivets in a magazine. I fell in love instantly. The problem though, is that all of the pictured trivets were vintage. Meaning I would either have to try my luck this summer scouring lawn sales, flea markets and thrift stores, or find a pattern to make my own. So I searched.

And searched.

And searched.

I almost gave up, because every pattern I came across was either for crochet (which believe it or not, I don't know how to do), or it just didn't look right.

Finally though, I found this. I'm sure you'll laugh, but I immediately bookmarked the page in my phone, ran to the store to purchase some cotton yarn and a few hours later had my very own watermelon trivet. I love it. I love that it's bright, and that it doesn't need to match the rest of the kitchen. The contrast brings a bright and summery feel to the table, and that's exactly what I was looking for. I may have to make a few others too... Orange or lemon anyone?



Take care!

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment