Thursday, June 2

Scrappy Summer Pillows



I'm so excited to share these scrappy pillows with you today! Granny Grace generously gave me some beautiful Henry Alexander fabric a few weeks ago. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was, especially because I had been eyeing some of this exact fabric for a while, going back and forth as to purchasing it (glad I didn't).

Then came the dilemma of what to actually make with the fabric. At first I wanted to make a sundress for the baby, she will be a late-summer babe after all, but it seemed a shame to make something that will only be used for a few weeks. Which led me to the decision to make both. I had almost a full yard of the bright lemon print, and that's plenty for the dress and the pillow.

I followed the scrappy pillow pattern in the book Sewing Bits & Pieces: 35 projects using fabric scraps, by Sandi Henderson. I love this book, and would recommend it to anyone not wanting to waste all the little bits and pieces of fabric from bigger projects. I've made a few of here projects from the book already, and everything turns out so cute.

Again, these don't really match the room, but I don't really care. They add the perfect bright touch that I've been needing in our house lately.


Take care!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment