Tuesday, January 18

Easy Homemade Breadcrumbs - Honest!

This is hands down, the easiest way to make bread crumbs. It only takes minutes, and anyone can do it. No ovens involved!

Plus, if you have bread on hand, it practically costs nothing. I get such a thrill out of little things like this - I know, I'm a dork. But really, it maybe adds up to a nickle and it's so much healthier than the standard store bought crumbs which are filled with additives. I make all of our bread, and save the bead ends in the freezer for recipes just like this. I have two other stale bread end recipes for you this week - so be sure to check back.

Ok, that's enough jabber from me - see what a few non-blog days will do to me? Yikes!

What you need:
Bread (2 slices is usually enough for us)
Toaster
Blender (if you don't have a blender, you can just use a bag and a rolling pin or your hands)
Seasonings (optional and to taste)

1) First, toast your bread. You want it really toasted and dark brown (but not burnt), so set your toaster to a higher setting.


2) Place toast in a blender and pulse until your have breadcrumbs.

3) Add whatever seasonings you'd like to add a bit of spice or flavor. We usually add some parmesan, basil, garlic powder and onion powder - but feel free to get creative here.



Enjoy!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment