Thursday, January 20

Bread Pudding Our Way

I just started making bread pudding a couple months ago, and it has been a huge hit in my house. I found an incredibly easy recipe for it at allrecipes.com, but have adapted the original enough that I think it's safe to share my version here.

What you need:

4-6 slices of bread (fill to 1/4 from the top of your dish - I use 8x8")
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 Cup raisins
4 eggs beaten
2 Cups milk
1/2 Cup raw sugar plus 1/4 for topping
2 tsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Vanilla

1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and tear the bread into small chunks and place in an 8x8" pan

2) Add raisins and pour melted butter on top

3) Mix eggs, milk, 1/2 C sugar, cinnamon and vanilla in a separate bowl until well combined.

4) Pour mixture over the bread and push down on the top to make sure all of the bread gets wet.

5) Sprinkle remaining sugar on top and bake for 45 minutes.

That's it!
This makes the house smell incredible, and, like my other bread recipes I've shared this week, I always use stale or leftover bread that I've saved in my freezer. So I guess it's like a free breakfast/dessert too.

Enjoy!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment