Sunday, June 29

Strawberries and Pie

 
 
We went for our first round of strawberry picking this weekend. We go back often, until berry season is over, so the first batch typically gets eaten up by tiny fingers within minutes. If I'm lucky I can sneak a few handfuls away for recipes I want to try or for our family favorites. The very first thing we did when we got home was make strawberry pie.

We came home with 20 pounds of strawberries, which allowed me an entire eight quarts of berries to play with. I have a large freezer that allows me to bake/cook in large batches and freeze what is not eaten right away. Which in turn frees up a lot of time, saves me money and is stress-free. In fact, I have an entire post to share all about freezing. It's part of the Eating Well On A Budget Series  (click the link if you want to read parts 1-3).

I thought I would share some pictures of my little helpers...



 
 
 
What are some of your favorite strawberry recipes?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment