Friday, May 4

Spiced Coffee



There's a popular breakfast restaurant in our area that has the most delicious coffee. It's not a sugar laden froo-froo drink (though those most definitely have their time and their place), but a warm, subtly flavored rich brew. I love that coffee, and always look forward to our rare visits there because of it.

Well, my friends, I happened across a rather simple tip to enhance your home brewed coffee the other day and thought I'd give it a try. Imagine my surprise when I took that first sip and realized, my goodness, it's almost the same taste as my favorite, and rarely rarely visited breakfast house coffee.

I tinkered with it a bit, and am proud to say I found the perfect ratio (well, perfect to me anyway).

So here it, simple as can be and oh so yummy...

Spiced Coffee
Unflavored Coffee
1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg

These measurements are based on a full 12 cup coffee pot. If you're using a smaller pot or a single brew type machine, just divide it out and it should work.

1) Place your coffee grounds in the filter, then sprinkle the cinnamon and nutmeg on top of the grounds. Brew as usual.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment