Saturday, February 27

Sensory "Table"

Welcome Back!



Or maybe I should say "I'm Back!!"



I've been very distracted over the last few weeks, and have jumped into a bunch of projects (I'll post more on that later ;)



So I'd like to jump right back into this one. I will be doing my best to post at least 2-3 new projects each week. I actually started a new blog that focuses on simplifying, gaining health, and living in more sustainable lifestyle. If you'd like to take a peek click here.



Now onto the project....



What you need:

Large plastic storage container w/lid (I used an under the bed version that I already had)

3-4 large bags of uncooked rice (I found these for $1 a piece at the supermarket)

Any extra kitchen "tools" and toys you have - we used measuring cups, Popsicle sticks, funnels, foam pieces and old die-cast trains.


1) Empty all of the bags of uncooked rice into the storage bin and add your "tools" and toys - that's it!



My children will spend a good 30-40 minutes playing in the rice. They pour it from funnels and cups, and make birthday cakes with measuring cups and Popsicle sticks. They like making designs in the rice with their fingers and pushing the die cast cars and trains around in it. I have to stay close by my little one to make sure she doesn't throw the rice all over the place.


Make sure that you close up the rice to avoid small pests.


Thanks for visiting my site and please come back soon! I will be adding a few projects each week.


Take care!

-Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment