Saturday, February 6

Fuzzy Felt Spider


Welcome Back!

Everyone is finely feeling better in our house, thank goodness! We got back to our crafts this afternoon, but the last few days got me thinking. I'm changing the dynamics of this blog. I still intend to do a craft everyday with my children, but I won't be posting daily - it's just too much right now. I'm limiting my blogging to 2-3 days a week - so you'll still get plenty of crafty ideas :)

My son's 5th birthday is next weekend, and a friend of mine gave him a craft DVD that was completly geared toward his age - I love it! The DVD gives you a few different crafts to complete, and then goes on to tell a story involving the character's your child just created. Thank you Mar! This spider was one of the crafts in the video.

What you need:
2 Sheets of felt in different colors
4 pipe cleaners
Scissors
Fabric Glue
Tape

1) Cut out 1 large circle, 2 smaller ovals for the eyeballs, and 2 tiny circles for the pupils.

2) Glue together the eyeball pieces to create finished eye, and then glue those to the large circle to create your spider base.

3) Hold the 4 pipe cleaners together in your hand so that they are even, and then twist from the ceneter to secure them, you can also take one end and wrap it around the center and then pull it back over to line up the legs. About an inch and a half from each grouped end (4 ends in a group) hold your hand straight, and bend the legs down, then do the same to the tips of that section, but pull them up a bit. Repeat on the other side. Now it should look like cartoon spider legs with feet.

4) Attach the legs to the back of the spider face with tape, and then you're done!

That's it!

My son had a great time making his spider climb the walls of our house this afternoon.

Thanks for visiting, please come back often!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment