Monday, December 3

Natural Homemade Lip Balm and Shop Update

 
 
I have exciting news! My esty shop is up and running again! Yay!  You can visit it here.
 
The newest addition? These awesome little tins filled with organic goodness.
 
I have been experimenting for quite some time with natural beauty products.
 
Lip balm became my front and center focus when my four year old found a sudden obsession with the stuff. Commercial lip balms can contain petroleum, mineral oil, aluminum salts, and artificial sweeteners, just to name a few. Combine that with the fact that not only does lip balm rest on your lips, you ingest it as well.  I remember being a kid and hearing that the average woman consumes 7 POUNDS of lipstick/balm in a lifetime! Yikes! I don't know if that's true or not, but either way, whatever is going on my child's lips or skin needs to be safe.
 

 
 
 
 
So, just for my little Hannah, I came up with two yummy smelling lip balms. Mint Chocolate and Vanilla Mint. One goes on clear and one adds a hint of color.

And do you want to know where that hint of color comes from? Cocoa powder! Yup, the stuff in your kitchen cabinet. These balms are made with organic olive oil, organic beeswax, raw honey, essential oils, vitamin E and in the case of the mint chocolate, cocoa powder.

That's it, pure and simple.

And I love them! So much so, that I think other people might love them too. I have a bunch listed in my shop. These are large 1oz tins that will surely last a long time.
 
 
 
 
And just for fun, here's a few pic's of my quickly growing baby bean...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And her very helpful big sister...
 
 
Happy Monday everyone!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment