Monday, August 6

Did You Notice?













I took a summer hiatus.

First and foremost, I want to say thank you for still stopping by here! I am amazed at the amount of traffic this blog has had - even without activity on my end. I am hoping that the combination of school and baby napping will allow some regular posting.

 We have had a busier summer than I had anticipated. The funny part though, is that I can't really tell you exactly what consumed so much time - but in the blink of an eye, here we are, gearing up for school again. This upcoming school year is a big deal in our house. Miss Hannah will be in class five days a week - for the first time. I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog before, but our children are a part of a dual language program. The children spend half their day learning in English and the other half in Spanish. Prior to Austin starting the program, no one in our house spoke a word of Spanish. We (Chris and I) are learning slowly, however Austin, who will be entering second grade this year, can carry on simple conversations fluently. It's amazing! They will stay in this program until 8th grade and then they can choose to continue on into high school if they want. This year is the first time dual language is being offered to preschool children and 90% of the day is in Spanish - so it's going to be a big adjustment and I'm really hoping Hannah transitions well.

In an effort to prep for the upcoming busy mornings and evenings, as well as multiple piles of paperwork, artwork and projects, I have been organizing, baking and cooking like crazy. Some of which I am excited to share with all of you and will do so over the rest of this week.

Are you doing anything to get ready for the school year? Do you have any time saving tips or ideas to share? Please do!

Happy Monday!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment