Wednesday, February 1

Sweet and Savory Brussels


Brussels Sprouts. Just the name can ignite a reaction in some. Personally, I never really felt one extreme or the other for these little powerhouse balls of veggie goodness. I have recently, however, stumbled upon a quick and easy way to prepare these guys that has turned me into a major fan. And in a way that the entire family enjoys them. Yes, everyone actually enjoys them. I make this about once a week now and love, love, love it.

Try it out, see what you think.

Sweet and Savory Brussels Sprouts

1 lb of Brussels Sprouts - Fresh
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
sea salt to taste
1/4 Cup crushed walnuts
2 Tbsp agave

1) Chop the bottoms off of the Brussels sprouts, turn them on their sides and slice them into 1/4" ribbons.

2) Heat olive oil over medium heat, and add some salt (I hand grind our salt and add about three twists).

3) Toss sliced Brussels into the warm oil and cook for about a minute, making sure to move them around frequently to prevent burning.

4) Add garlic, walnuts and agave. Continue to cook until the Brussels turn bright green. If you start to see them brown even slightly, you're done.

That's it! Super easy and super tasty!

Have a great day,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Heather M here from the blog hop. Agave! I would have never thought, I'll have to add it to my recipe :) I did a recipe similar to this on my blog roasted in coconut oil. http://www.rockstew.com/2011/11/brussel-sprouts-roasted-in-coconut-oil.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather :) Coconut oil would probably be better for us, I'll be sure to check out your recipe. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete