Sunday, October 16

On The Menu

So. I have a small confession to make.

About half way threw my last pregnancy, I sort of fell off the natural food, healthy eating wagon. No, more like took a flying leap off of it.

I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, because that's when I should have been eating better. But even with all my inner dialog of momma guilt, I lost most, if not all my energy and desire to stick with it.

Well, to put it gently, momma's been eating too much sugar, and it shows. Which brings me to the title of this post. I've decided to jump right back in, but as a way to keep myself accountable, I plan on posting my weekly family menu plans here. At least until I'm back into the swing of things.
I enjoy sharing recipes, and searching for them. If you have one of your own you'd like to share with me, please do! I'd love more ideas.

Here's what's on our menu for the week:

Breakfast
- Blueberry muffins (made ahead over the weekend)
- Egg & biscuit sandwiches (biscuits made ahead)
- Apple cinnamon pancakes

**We always have fresh fruit to add on the side, and anything baked I make over the weekend to save on time for the rushed mornings**


Lunch
We eat leftovers from our dinners, or simple sandwiches or salads.

Dinner
- Chicken breast salad
- Broccoli and cheese quiche
- Whole grain pasta with tomato sauce and cheese toast
- Pork chops and Caramelized tofu side dish

** I always make more than we need so that one night a week can be the leftover's night.**

Desert
Unfussy Apple Cake

**My family would have massive protests if I tried to take all the sugar out of the house, so I'm on the search for some 'healthy' deserts to serve**


I don't have set days for any of our meals right now, because lately it seems like we are always rushing or running or not home. So I make the list and buy the ingredients for what I want to make for the week. Then, based on how my day is going, and how long I think each thing will take, I pick the meal that makes the most sense for that moment.

What's on your menu for the week?

No comments:

Post a Comment