Tuesday, October 11

Apples!

This is our third year in a row picking apples as a family. It was our first trip to this orchard though, and I have to say, I think we'll keep coming back to it. Not only is it less than five minutes from our house, but it is run by a husband and wife team. The orchard itself is small, and they tend to sell out early (which is why we didn't go last year), but it feels so much more like walking into your back yard to get the apples, and I like that. I like that a lot.
Hannah and I were overly excited about the whole experience, Stella was happily tucked into her Ergo, and for the boys of the household? Well, they didn't really share our enthusiasm this year, but were happy to go along for the ride.



And the boys' moods were lifted after a 10 minute photo shoot of goofy faces.


We also happened across this little nest within the trees.


Our little sleepy girl, missing all of the apple excitement.

The most exciting part of this event for me, however, is all the baking and making that go along with it. I haven't decided exactly what's on the menu. I know Stella will be getting her own batch of applesauce, to freeze and use for later. Austin has insisted on an apple pie already - that's easy enough. Hmmm... I think it's time to start digging up recipes!


Take care!

Lisa









No comments:

Post a Comment