Monday, December 28

Painting the Snow

This is my first post ever, so please bear with me :)

Since we have piles of snow outside, I thought it would be fun to paint it. The prep time for this took about 5 minutes, and the bags themselves lasted for about 15 minutes. This is probably better for older children (5+), but the younger ones had a blast just watching. This is a small area of our snow picture.

What you need:
-Ziploc baggies or spray bottles (we did baggies, next time I'm using a spray bottle - it was pretty messy)
-Food coloring
-Water
-Needle or pin if using the baggies

Just take the bag (or bottle) and put as much food coloring as desired (I did about 25 drops per bag), and fill the bag halfway. Bring it outside and put one to three pin pricks near the bottom corner of each bag and then let the kids have fun.

Come back tomorrow! We're making play dough (the edible version so my 1 year old can play too)

No comments:

Post a Comment