Saturday, September 1

Play Kitchen Update




A very, very long time ago, I posted about an awesome garage sale trip. The best one ever actually. At one house I found everything I had on my searching for list - and at crazy good prices. I showed all of you the cute little table and chairs for the girls' room. I sanded that down and painted the tops a light purple. I also scored an adorable pint-sized white rocking chair so Hannah could rock her babies while I rocked Stella (who was still in my tummy at that time - see I said it was a long time ago). What I did not show you was this awesome kitchen set.
Hannah and I feel in love!
It didn't look like this when we bought it though, so I waited to show it off.
 


This is the original set.
 
From the picture here, it doesn't look too bad, but in real life it was pretty grimy. I had to scrub everything down with magic erasers and soapy towels. We scraped off the weird foamy black circles on top of the stove too.



Here are some close ups of the finished kitchen. After procrastinating for about a year, I finally chose a paint color and went to town. The project ended up taking me close to a month to finish because of sick kids and a cranky teething baby - but it was well worth it!


 
Chris removed all of the hardware for me so that it could be spray painted a metallic silver. We replaced the foamy stove burners with wooden circles I found at JoAnn's. The color scheme came from some Pottery Barn inspiration seen below.

I found these super cute pink knobs at Hobby Lobby.



Overall I'm really happy with the kitchen. It has TONS of storage for toys too - which is awesome for our tiny play area. It's still a work in progress. I want to add an Ikea towel bar and paint the inside of the fridge door with chalk board paint. It could use a few decorative touches here or there as well.
 
 I finally felt like it was worth sharing at this point
 
I'll share updates when they're finished.
 
I hope everyone has a fun and safe long weekend!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment