Tuesday, April 27

Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap - Face Wash


For years, as long as I can remember actually, I've had problem skin. When I was younger, we couldn't afford a dermatologist, and now, as an adult, I wanted to avoid one because I knew the "solution" would be in a pill. I prefer to take a more natural approach when it comes to my body. With that being said, I am sooo excited to share this with all of you!

As a last ditch effort I decided to give a pure castile soap a try in hopes it would clear up my sensitive acne prone skin. I had tried every product imaginable from drug stores and department stores, as well as proactive (don't even get me started on that one - ugh!). Nothing worked. I told myself if this last method didn't work, then it was time to make a dermatologist appointment. Oh my gosh am I glad I gave this a try! It's super simple, costs hardly anything and my skin has not been this clear since I was a child.

All I do is mix a small bottle with a 50% castile soap solution and 50% filtered water. I put 2-3 drops in my hand and rub my hands together quickly to form a good lather. I wash my face twice a day this way, and after a month, I am pimple-free. That's it, seriously! Now that my skin is adapting to this method, it has dry days, and I use a handmade face cream (more on that later!).

I use Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap, the mild baby formula. You can buy it online here or go to your local Vitamin Shoppe.

I love that this works because I also use Dr. Bronner's to make my own laundry detergent (for less than $4 for 64 washes), homemade body wash (I actually use the same solution I use for my face, and have since needed far less body lotion), baby wash, dishwasher detergent, and dog shampoo. I'm sure I'll find plenty of other uses for it in the future, and I'll be sure to share.

And, an even better bonus to Dr. Bronner's is that it's completely natural, and biodegradable. I won't harm our water system, or our skin and is produced in a fair way. Because it is free from harsh detergents, it doesn't wreak havoc on my skin (sodium laurel sulfate is a major skin irritant for me).

Let me know if you have questions by leaving a comment below. I'm always happy help!

No comments:

Post a Comment