Wednesday, January 19

Easy Homemade Croutons


I love croutons, and so does the rest of my family. It wouldn't be unusual to find one of us munching on a handful of just those, at any given time. These are so easy to do, and a great recipe to include the kids in.

What you need:
Stale Bread (I usually do 4-5 slices per batch)
1/4 C melted butter
Seasoning of choice
Baking sheet
Parchment paper

1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2) Brush both sides of each bread slice with butter and then cut into cubes.

3) Place cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with seasonings (I used garlic powder, basil and fresh parmesan on the ones pictured here).

4) Bake for 10-20 minutes, be sure to check on them periodically because they burn easily. I also like to mix them around on the baking sheet after about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!
-Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment